PPMM requires frequent, relevant, quality data with expert analysis that considers historical and adjacent data to provide a reliable indication of the present condition of the asset and predict what to expect for service life if the recent operating conditions continue until end of life (EOL).
Once you have collected history of the appropriate maintenance activities, then you can also prescribe a maintenance strategy when developing a scope of work.
The PIP360 / AIMS / PIPVIEW system for slurry transport systems enables Predictive and Prescriptive maintenance management information for Asset Integrity Engineers and Systems Analyists.
Relevant data requires highly repeatable, high resolution, pipe wall thickness data from sensors that are in an array to monitor the entire scope of wear.
- PIP360 field crews install proprietary sensor arrays around the circumference of the pipe.
- The instrument takes ultrasonic thickness measurements once a day and sends them wirelessly to the internet.
- The AIMS data center collects the data, verifies it, re-processes data from raw signals if required, compares present thickness to historical thickness and to adjacent sensor thicknesses in relation to individual sensor wear rates and identifies running days to enable wear rate calculations.
- PIPVIEW is an interactive predictive analysis application that shows options for rotation management according to scheduled outage dates.
- When developing a Scope of Work for a scheduled outage, the most cost effective rotation prescription can be chosen.
- Knowing the EOL well in advance enables efficient scheduling of replacement. The EOL is self-correcting because the wear profile and wear rates are continuously updated accounting for recent changes in operating conditions and are applied to the present pipe wall thickness.